Spring Hill School's Admissions Philosophy and Process
Spring Hill School seeks to enroll children who will benefit from our mission and educational program. We are dedicated to knowing each child and providing a responsive curriculum that reflects whole-child development. Using Design Thinking, Spring Hill wants each of its students to thrive. Spring Hill School is an independent, non-sectarian school that respects and celebrates diversity in its curriculum, student body and staff. Spring Hill has open enrollment admissions and accepts applications at any time.
To apply for admission to Spring Hill School, please follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Contact the school. Call the school at 831-427-2641 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an initial video chat. We can’t give in-person tours right now, but we will do our best to give you a meaningful virtual experience.
- Step 2: Submit an application. Download the application forms and submit them with the requested materials.
- Step 3: Getting to know your child. Once the application is received, the school will contact you to schedule a chance to meet your teacher, and for the teacher to get to know you.
Dara Thornton, our wonderful Kindergarten teacher, would love to meet your child through a video chat. However, only if that is something that your child readily embraces. We will do our best to communicate with you and find the best way to understand your child’s needs.
Meetings with teachers for Kindergarten through 6th grade include fun games and conversation appropriate for a virtual shadow day experience that will help us understand grade levels in various subjects and developmental areas. The teacher will also review the materials submitted with the application as well as the completed recommendation form from a current teacher (if applicable). These assessments are not stressful and are usually enjoyed by prospective students.
- (Not during shelter-in-place) Step 4: Your child may be invited for a half or full day class visit.
- Step 5: Upon acceptance, a letter of acceptance and enrollment or wait list information will be sent to you. If a class is full at the time of acceptance, there will automatic placement onto the waitlist. We will notify you immediately if a place becomes available.
Spring Hill does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition or disability in its admissions or in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and financial aid programs or athletic and other school-administered programs.