Spring Hill School's Admissions Philosophy and Process
Spring Hill School seeks to enroll children who will benefit from our mission and educational program. We are dedicated to knowing each child and providing a personalized education with whole-child development via a design thinking program. Spring Hill School is an independent, non-sectarian school that respects and celebrates diversity in its curriculum, student body and staff. Spring Hill has open enrollment admissions and accepts applications at any time.
To apply for admission to Spring Hill School, please follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Contact the school. Call the school at 831-427-2641 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a tour. We give tours daily.
- Step 2: Submit an application. Download the application forms and submit them with the requested materials. There is a $75 fee for the application and assessment.
- Step 3: Have your child assessed. Once the application is received, the school will contact you to schedule a student assessment. We assess every child applying for admission to Spring Hill.
The assessment for Kindergarten consists of a short interview with one or both of our Kindergarten teachers. The Kindergarten teachers determine the readiness of prospective students for our structured, all day (8:30 – 2 p.m.) program. Kindergarten assessments begin in January of each year. Please contact the school to set up an appointment.
The assessment for grades 1-6 includes math and reading exercises and a short interview with the teacher. The teacher also reviews the materials submitted with the application as well as the completed recommendation form from his or her current teacher. These assessments are not stressful and are usually enjoyed by prospective students. Assessments are scheduled once applications are received.
- Step 4: Your child may be invited for a half or full day class visit.
- Step 5: Upon acceptance, a letter of acceptance and enrollment or wait list information will be mailed to you. If a class is full at the time of acceptance, he or she will automatically be placed into the class waiting pool. We will notify you immediately if a place becomes available.
Spring Hill does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition or disability in its admissions or in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and financial aid programs or athletic and other school-administered programs.