About Spring Hill School's Board of Directors
Spring Hill School is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization led by the principal and a board of directors made up of volunteers who support and guide the school’s mission and vision. The number of directors is variable with a minimum of 5 and maximum of 11. Directors may be parents of enrolled students or members of the community at large.
The principal is responsible for day-to-day operations such as curriculum, student enrollment and discipline, human resources, professional development, and general operations. The principal is an ex-officio member and works closely with the board.
The board is responsible for the school as a whole and sets broad, long-range and strategic institutional policies. Governance activities of the board include but are not limited to:
- Keeping the school’s mission and vision
- Developing and reviewing policy
- Strategic planning
- Ensuring adequate resources and financial sustainability
- Fundraising and community outreach
- Providing support and guidance to the principal
- Hiring and evaluation of the principal
- Serving as the school’s ambassadors to the community
Board meetings are held on the school’s campus once a month and are open to the public. Meeting minutes are available for review in the school office. Parents of enrolled students and members of the community at large are welcome to attend board meetings and to apply for membership on any of our short-term and/or standing committees.
2017-2018 Board Subcommittees
- Community Outreach/Marketing
- Policies & Procedures/WASC
- Principal Review/Board Review
- Strategic Planning
Contact the Board of Directors
To send a message to the Board of Directors, email firstname.lastname@example.org.