Camp InMotion - Summer 2018
Powered by Beism Movement
Spring Hill School & Beism (www.beismmovement.com) have joined together to provide the best week of your child’s Summer! This is an innovative camp, providing an integrated, project-based experience with something for campers of all interests. Learn more about Camp InMotion with BEISM here.
Camp InMotion is action-packed. We combine Physical Activity, Dance, Music and Video Production. Imagine your child starting the day with joy and happiness as they get motivated to play and be themselves, learning to create and move all at the same time.
- CAMPERS WILL be in group settings, learning Parkour and Dance movements according to their skill-level, all while incorporating their own self expression.
- CAMPERS WILL develop tools and knowledge to play in their environment while learning to safely step out of their comfort zone and face fears with confidence.
- CAMPERS WILL capture their experiences through Writing, Art and the use of Technology.
Week 1: June 11 – 15, 2018
Week 2: June 25 – 29, 2018
Week 3: July 16 – 20, 2018
*** Sign up for one week or more, no two weeks are the same! ***
Learn more about Spring Hill School’s partner, BEISM Movement.
Ages, Savings and Location
Ages: 7- to 12-year olds
- SAVE $50 with Early Bird Registration for each child: Expires April 30, 2018
- SAVE MORE! $50 Sibling Discount
- Click Registration button for more details
Location: Spring Hill School, located at 250 California Street, Santa Cruz, California 95060
|Start Time||7 to 9 Year Olds||10 to 12 Year Olds|
|8a -9a||Before Care|
|9a - 9:30a||Morning Welcome: Camp Circle and Greet the Day|
|9:30a - 10:30a||Indoor Motion||Outdoor Motion|
|10:30a - 10:50a||Snack|
|10:50a - 12p||Reflection Through Art||Reflection Through Art|
|12p - 12:45p||Lunch|
|12:45p - 1:45p||Outdoor Motion||Indoor Motion/Digital Motion|
|1:45p - 2:45p||Garden Glassroom|
|3p to 5p||After Care|
Through the use of body movement, self-expression, collaboration, a safe space for personal growth and a connection with our physical surroundings, Camp InMotion will help each attendee to be: grounded and present within themselves; inspired to care for oneself and others both physically and emotionally; able to engage productively in group activities; establish and maintain positive peer relationships; effective at expressing themselves through movement, film-making, music and digital imaging.
Camp InMotion believes movement and taking on individualized physical challenges in a group setting contributes to a child’s physical health as well as Social Emotional development. Camp InMotion builds self-confidence, social-emotional skills, interpersonal skills, teamwork, peer relationships, self-advocacy, storytelling, grounding, and mindfulness.